Location: 809 Conner Street
Year Built: 1883
Structure: Richardson Romaneque Style with a brick Exterior, "Built-up" Roof. In the 1970s new windows and a new front door were installed but the buidling retains much of its original appearance.
The earliest known business at this location was Lowther's Shoe Store. They sold shoes and oxfords "in the patterns and colors that lead the fashion." In 1914, it was used at B. Doorman & Sons Second-Hand Store. In 1920 it was home to the Blue Front Restaurant. Zeckel's Clothing Store was located in the buidling for the majority of the 1920s. By the early 1930s, it had changed into the Harvey Electric store which sold neon signs.
In 1932, the original Uptown Cafe was opened. The original owners oerpated this restaurant until 1948 when Harry Blake purchased the buidling and restaurant. Because the Uptown Cafe was so well known in Noblesville, he decided to keep the name. It has changed owners over the years, but the name has remained the same.